Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Lies of Locke Lemora


I'm an avid fantasy book reader. I find its important as a game master to read a lot since it gives you new ideas and helps you think in ways you hadn't before. Im not advocating swiping entire plots or anything but scenes that were particularly apt or characters you really likes can make appearances under new pseudonymous. The book I'm currently reading is the Lies of Locke Lemora by Scott Lynch. It is probably one of the best books I've ever read about thieves and the rogues life. It's sort of Oceans 11 meets Oliver Twist in the Venetian middle ages. Lynches system of bosses and underlings and the whole prose of the work makes me think that he will be a big name in fantasy in years to come. Lies has already been optioned for a movie and I for one cant wait to see them do this excellent tale of betrayal and the gentlemen bastards justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment