Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Character Portraits


When Im designing a NPC that I want to use in a game sometimes a character portrait before hand helps me flesh out who this person is. Wizards keeps a large repository of character portraits from old issues of dragon magazine here. This list is useful to find just the right picture for your character or NPC. I've often seen a picture I liked and used it to come up with a new NPC just to fit the picture. Next time your having trouble thinking of interesting NPC's head over to the list and browse around I'm sure you will find something that interests you sooner or later

7 comments:

  1. I've never been big on role playing, I never seem to get "into" character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good drawing. I think it might be easier to come with a personality based on a picture rather than a picture based on a personality sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to do that too! I'd also draw my character and his acomplishments all over my character sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree this is a great drawing. I'll have to check out all these other portraits if they're as cool as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making characters and drawing who they are is my favorite part! OH and hangin with my peeps :D

    ReplyDelete